Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tonyymh
Regular Visitor

Power BI Javascript performance issue when embedding multiple visuals from same report

I am using Power BI Javascript library to embed 10+ visuals from one report (but different tabs) to my web application. Although it works fine, it seems to take a long time to load all visuals. I understand that's 10+ iframes loading the same report 10+ times.

Is there anyway to reduce the load time, considering it is the same report? I tried the Phased Loading API, but it didn't help much. Or maybe I just didn't use it correctly and appreicate any sample codes.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Could you please explain a bit for why it need to embed multiple visuals seperately?

You should be able to load the whole report by hiding the un-wanted Visuals in one iframe.

Check the Embed config-> Custom Layout for how to configure the Visual property:

Custom Layout

Custom Layouts in Power BI Embedded

Regards,

Michael

Thanks for you reply, Michael.

I am developing an interface for users to comment on each visual. Below screenshot is an example. You don't see it here, but at the top of the page are a few custom drop downs that allow users to dynamically apply a few common filters to all visuals, using Power BI JavaScript. So basically I want to be able to put each visual into separate DOM element.

I also tried embedding tiles instead of visuals, but we can't apply multiple filters on tiles programmatically. Also the performance of embedding 10+ tiles isn't great either. 

sample.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors