Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Djohn_pro
Regular Visitor

Power BI Integration w/ Unity 3D

Is it possible to bring Power BI tiles into Unity 3D? If so, what would be the general concept of how this would be accomplished?

If not the full visual tiles, then how about the underlying data?

Let me know if you need any further clarification, and thank you for the assistance .
7 REPLIES 7
kiily
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I am working on a similar kind of project. Has anyone been able to do this? I have come across another route using DirectX and WebGL to render a custom PowerBI visual but I am not sure whether that would work the HoloLens, which is what I am aiming for ? hence, why I'd like to use Unity for this. Any ideas?

Thank you

Hi @kiily ,

May I know if you able to integrate Unity with Power BI and worked with Hololens. I have similar project too.

Looking forward for your feedback.

Thanks! 🙂

I am also looking at how to integrate PowerBI with Unity. Has anyone successfully done this?

Please look for a documentation on how to integrate an iframe into Unity. Please note it will use inner browser for rendering. No direct calls to DirectX or OpenGL because most of components are based on SVG but there're some visuals that use WebGL.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Thank you. How about the other way around? Can you embed an iframe/webGL app into PowerBI?

You can write a custom visual that use WebGL.

Documentation is here: https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-visuals/docs/overview/

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Djohn_pro

I have no expertise on Unity 3D. Here some points on Power BI.

At this moment, embedding a tile is actually adding a <iframe> tag in a HTML page. If Unity 3D can integrate some HTML stuff, it might be possible.

For retrieving underlying data, there's no such API as of now. You can check this idea Export data and report views through an API and vote it up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors