Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

InsulaBIDev
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded questions

Hi,

We are working on a proof of concept with Power BI Embedded preview and we came across few questions. I have done research on internet regarding these questions but couldnt find much information.

1. Doest Power BI Embedded API Nuget Packages support MVC4 or is there a way to work with Power BI Embedded API in an MVC4 application because the provided GitHub sample and NuGet Packages target MVC5 but our applications are currently running on MVC4?

2. I want to pass a runtime parameter to the report developed by Power BI Desktop via my application. I want to pass a user Id GUID dynamically so that report is based on that user Id.

I have looked into filters but filters can be cleared by the end user. End user shouldn't be able to clear the filter/parameter.

I have looked into Parameters and I was able to add a parameter, set the value and get the results based on the parameter but the problem is how to pass that parameter through my MVC application. Is it using the querystring? Will the end user be able to clear this in his report?

3. In terms of accessing stored procs via advanced connectivity option under get data. It only supports Import option but no DirectQuery. My question is again passing parameter dynamically via application to this stored proc query, is there a way to do that?

Regards,

Adeel

14 REPLIES 14

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.