Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Embedded not working on IE

Has anyone else had any issues with getting Power BI Embedded to work in IE? We have a site which works fine in Chrome and Firefox but in IE, there is only blank white space where the reports are usually displayed. We don't even get the filter bars or the loading icon.

11 REPLIES 11
v-ridela

I'm having the same problem.  Works in all other browsers, Edge, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, but not IE, all I get is a grey box where the PowerBI report is supposed to be. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

did anyone get a resolution to this? I am using the latest API but it still does not work on IE.

mparkkon
Regular Visitor

Have you checked that your IE security settings don't prevent you from loading content outside (powerbi) from current web site? I had similiar problems and after adding two external sites to IE's trusted websites the problem was solved.

You can see the needed websites to be added to Trusted websites from source of the problem page. I think there was 2 sites (something like download.microsoft.com and *powerbi* something). There was no problem with Chrome or Firefox.

I have the similar issue, we are using PBI Embedded to embed some visuals in a website. The visuals work absolutely fine on Chrome but it does not show up neither gives any error on IE11 !!!

@mparkkon Can you please elaborate on your solution? I tried adding the the website on the trusted list as suggested but it still does not work!

Any update on this issue ?

On my case I added all suggestions on the "trusted sites" and still Power BI embedded is not working on IE 11

Any alternative solutions or workarounds very appreciated.

Using the IE debugger found that there is an error “'Promise' is undefined”. Found the solution as below

https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-JavaScript/issues/69

https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-JavaScript/issues/54

After implementing, it worked for us on IE

@Kavita, could you please post the solution? the links are broken

Hello,

Can you please repost the solution. Links mentioned are broken.

Thanks

Anup

Hello,

Can you please repost the solution. Link mentioned below are broken.

Did any of you have the problem happened again today, I was checking on my embedded Reports and they were showing yesterday and today are not. They still work on Chrome but on IE11 they stopped working

Hi, 

I have several solutions running nicely in IE11. Are there any error messages in the dev tools?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.