Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jonharding
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded and Streaming Datasets

Is it possible to use a streaming dataset with a report embedded in an ISV app using Power BI Embedded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@jonharding

There's no such feature for Power BI EmbeddedStreaming dataset is for Power BI Service specifically. 

By the way, what is ISV app? Embeddeing reports is applicable to any web applications.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@jonharding

There's no such feature for Power BI EmbeddedStreaming dataset is for Power BI Service specifically. 

By the way, what is ISV app? Embeddeing reports is applicable to any web applications.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Eric_Zhang ,

Is there any update regarding this? I mean is it already possible to use streaming datasets with Power BI Embedded?

Thanks @Eric_Zhang

ISV = Independent Software Vendor i.e. an application made by a third party using Microsoft technologies.  

I'm aware that you can embed reports in pretty much any web application, but my understanding was that using Power BI Embedded was the only way to do it in an application that is viewed outside of your organization.  Otherwise all your customers would need Power BI licences.

Is it on the roadmap to allow streaming datasets with Power BI Embedded?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.