Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

djplayer
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Embedded Refresh

I'm aware this topic has been covered over time.. but it appears some API's been added that possibly give some added functionality.   Hopefully some option now exists.

Azure AD security is mandatory also.

If you use the SAAS Power BI service you end up w/ a non secured report embedded using an iframe. (refresh availablet though).

If you use the Embedded upload to Azure approach (which I can still use per EA) for embedding, cannot refresh data.  All you can do is delete the pbix and upload a new from desktop.

Is there now any ability to refresh?  Keeping in mind that report cannot be 100% public to the world.  

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@djplayer wrote:

I'm aware this topic has been covered over time.. but it appears some API's been added that possibly give some added functionality.   Hopefully some option now exists.

Azure AD security is mandatory also.

If you use the SAAS Power BI service you end up w/ a non secured report embedded using an iframe. (refresh availablet though).

If you use the Embedded upload to Azure approach (which I can still use per EA) for embedding, cannot refresh data.  All you can do is delete the pbix and upload a new from desktop.

Is there now any ability to refresh?  Keeping in mind that report cannot be 100% public to the world.  

@djplayer

The "Embedded upload to Azure approach", namely Power BI Embedded is being deprecated and AFAIK there's no any new refresh feature.

Now there're two embedding features for Power BI, Embedding with Power BI users (users own data) and Embedding with non-Power BI users (app owns data, replacement for Power BI Embedded). Both need Azure AD security and can refresh.

By the way, I guess when mentioning "non secured report embedded using an iframe", you mean Publish to web from Power BI.

The the problem, the solution you reference:  Embedding with non-Power BI users (app owns data, replacement for Power BI Embedded), requires a Premium Power BI license.  There is no premium Gov version at the moment.  Thus why Embedding Power BI reports/dashboards into Azure PowerBI Collections is not deprecicated for all (still a guaranteed offering for a minimum of a year or more for some).  This is an EA, which you'd think Microsoft could have some ample support for.  After several months though, here I am on MS Forums. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.