Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rak

Power BI Desktop and its usage in real time applications with 50 k users

Hi All,

I am new to Power BI.

In my current project, there are 50K users who logins to applications and access the dashboard reports. As of today the reports are in SQL Server 2008R2 and we are planning to upgrade from reporting tool to data vizualisation tool, we are thinking to consider Power BI.

For this requirement, i have few questions as below.

1. Can we develop reports using power bi desktop(free) and deploy them in SQL Server reporting services 2016 On premises.

2. If we can achive this , then can we integrate the published reports in application so that the users can access vizualisations reports from application. 

3. So can all this be done free of cost.

4. If not free then what is the recommended solution. Because if we go for Power BI Pro then the cost will be 50K*10$*12Months which is too high.

Please suggest your thoughts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@rak

For embedding purpose, you can also consider to use Power BI embedded. There's no license involved, the cost only depends on how often the reports are accessed. 

Check Power BI Embedded Pricing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@rak

For embedding purpose, you can also consider to use Power BI embedded. There's no license involved, the cost only depends on how often the reports are accessed. 

Check Power BI Embedded Pricing.

Thank you so much for sharing the information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.