Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBIlearner
Frequent Visitor

Power BI 2016 Integration

I am sorry if these are basic questions and I am only developer. So, I am not much aware of the DBA stuff.
Our company is moving in the direction of installing SQL server 2016 and I read that you can integrate Power BI and run on
SQL server 2016. So in that case do we not need any Gateway setup for refreshing the data every time like the way we currently need to do? Also, do we not need to upload reports/ dashboards to Microsoft cloud (like we upload to app.powerbi.com) in order to share them with others?
Please point me to the links where I can learn about this 2016 integration stuff. Thank you for your answers.

3 REPLIES 3
mim
Advocate V
Advocate V

From what I read everywhere Power BI on premise is not currently available with ssrs 2016 but you can integrate power BI dashboard in ssrs reports. Is this right? It sounds confusing from the links I read so far so wanted to get clarification from the experts here on what does it mean. Thank you.

@PowerBIlearner wrote:

From what I read everywhere Power BI on premise is not currently available with ssrs 2016 but you can integrate power BI dashboard in ssrs reports. Is this right? It sounds confusing from the links I read so far so wanted to get clarification from the experts here on what does it mean. Thank you.

Check the idea PowerBI reports and dashboard on-premise hosting.  Regarding other ways to integrate the published(to azure power bi workspace, to powerbi.com) reports, in care you're not aware, check Power BI REST API or Power BI Embedded.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.