Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SarahQUL
Frequent Visitor

Possibility of conflict for an access token?

Hi, I'm Sarah,

And I have a question,

Here I integrate ont the intranet of my company, a possibility of edited or create a report or dashbord with Power BI, I use the JavaScript API.

But here I would like to know, because many will use this function, sometimes simultaneously, if I have to generate an access Token by user account, or if only on access token for the report is enough. So that there is no conflict if several people use on their account at the same time the report?

Unless I have to manage in my code the fact that only one person at a  time can edit or create a report and thus deactivate the edit or create buttons while another person is on the report?

Waiting for an answer, Sarah.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@SarahQUL wrote:

Hi, I'm Sarah,

And I have a question,

Here I integrate ont the intranet of my company, a possibility of edited or create a report or dashbord with Power BI, I use the JavaScript API.

But here I would like to know, because many will use this function, sometimes simultaneously, if I have to generate an access Token by user account, or if only on access token for the report is enough. So that there is no conflict if several people use on their account at the same time the report?

Unless I have to manage in my code the fact that only one person at a  time can edit or create a report and thus deactivate the edit or create buttons while another person is on the report?

@SarahQUL

I don't think you have to worry about the conflict.

Based on my test, when editing a report, say Person A and Person B click edit button and go to the edit window at the same time.

1. When Person A adds a new visual and Person B adds a new visual, then no other changes at all. Person A clicks save button, Person B clicks save button, they both can save. After refresh, the new visuals from both exist in the report.
  2. When Person A changes/removes any visual and Person B changes/removes any visual, then no other changes at all. Person A clicks save button and he can save, Person B clicks save button however he can't.

As to creating reports, People just use(read) the same dataset, and save their own reports, no confilict at all.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@SarahQUL wrote:

Hi, I'm Sarah,

And I have a question,

@SarahQUL

I don't think you have to worry about the conflict.

Based on my test, when editing a report, say Person A and Person B click edit button and go to the edit window at the same time.

1. When Person A adds a new visual and Person B adds a new visual, then no other changes at all. Person A clicks save button, Person B clicks save button, they both can save. After refresh, the new visuals from both exist in the report.
  2. When Person A changes/removes any visual and Person B changes/removes any visual, then no other changes at all. Person A clicks save button and he can save, Person B clicks save button however he can't.

As to creating reports, People just use(read) the same dataset, and save their own reports, no confilict at all.

Thank you for your explanations Eric, they allowed me to remove this doubt.

Sarah.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.