Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a custom Viusual

Hello experts!

Im looking for a custom visual, which shows a line chart against a dash target.  Here is what's available now... (actual data & 5pt moving average)... anyone know of something similar?

Vis1.png

But I'd like something like this... (maybe not so dominant with red color)

Vis2.png

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I would try R Visualizations:

http://www.quantmod.com/documentation/addMA.html

http://grokbase.com/t/r/r-help/09ca8g04my/r-moving-averages-in-ggplot2

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  Ive already created the moving average (shown as the grey line on the line chart).  Im more interested in finding out if anyone has a visual that would place the red target lines on a chart.  None of the current visuals can do this.

It is so hacky I can't help myself from posting it. What if you created a waterfall chart that had your little red boxes and then just placed a line chart over it?

Where I was going with the R visuals was that you should have absolute control over the visualizations to be able to code what you want without going down the custom visual route. ggplot2 should provide the control over the chart to place those boxes on there if you can find the right R code.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I love getting a little creative and hacky 🙂

Im not anywhere close to being an expert in the system, so the thought of learning R is a daunting one, maybe that'll be my next endeavor.  Thanks for the suggestions though!

Paul

@Anonymous Another option (though slightly different) would be to use "Smoothing Splines" - found in the new R script showcase. There is a PBIX file with all the R code that you can download etc.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors