Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

daveParso
Frequent Visitor

Live log analytics data in power BI web

I am working with the power BI embedded and have managed to get a working web app with this technology, however I'm running into issues with the fact that because we are pulling data from azure log analytics with the newly added queries power BI web only seems to be able to update these 8 times a day. Is there a way to create an appsource or something similar that would keep the data in power BI live while still being based entirely in the cloud, so that I could subsequently keep the data in my web app live by simply refreshing the iframe reports and dashboards are embedded in.

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@daveParso wrote:

I am working with the power BI embedded and have managed to get a working web app with this technology, however I'm running into issues with the fact that because we are pulling data from azure log analytics with the newly added queries power BI web only seems to be able to update these 8 times a day. Is there a way to create an appsource or something similar that would keep the data in power BI live while still being based entirely in the cloud, so that I could subsequently keep the data in my web app live by simply refreshing the iframe reports and dashboards are embedded in.

@daveParso

The only realtime features in Power BI are Real-time streaming and DirectQuery. In your case, maybe you could garb the log analytics data via correlated REST API and push the data to Power BI via Push dataset in Real-time streaming link. Also do note the Push dataset REST API limitation in that link.

So I understand how creating a web app that embeds power BI reports interacts with power BI but once ive registered an app that say does what you suggested how do i actually go about linking the code to a power BI streaming dataset. Thankyou for the help so far

Edit: as I believe I understand things a little more now i guess I should clarify. I want to know how I would host this application in the cloud as we are trying to cut hardware out of the solution and so cant just have the application running on a machine to keep the information up to date

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.