Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amithegde
Frequent Visitor

Is there a way to Manage access to bulk of powerbi dashboards and reports based on role?

I have bulk of power bi dashboards and would like to enable access to such reports/dashboards based on role of an individual. Role can be something like Upper-Management, Within-Team, External-Users etc. First group will have access to everything, second group will have access to a subset and third group will have access to a smaller subet.

I am not looking for Row level security here. I would like to make a dashboard available to certain set of users based on some role such as they belong to an outlook group or a security group.

I noticed that creating an outlook group creates a workspace in powerbi and deploying to report to such workspace will ensure all users of the group will have access to it. I am wondering if there  is a way to have a hierarchical access where in one group will have access to everything and another group will have access to a subet.

1 REPLY 1
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Have you checked the App workspace in Power BI?

Create and Publish apps with Dashboards and reports in Power BI

See if that would meet your requirements.

Regards,

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.