Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

belmore
Helper II
Helper II

Is it possible to embed reports without a Premium?

I would like to know it is possible to embed reports/dashboards into a web app WITHOUT a Premium license --- FOR Power BI Users?? (do not want to use publish to web)

Embedding with Power BI users

Embedding for Power BI users is the functionality that has been available with the Power BI service. You can continue to embed content from the Power BI service into your applications using the REST API. This requires that the end user of your application sign into the Power BI service when you want to view your content in the application. Once your end user signs in, they will only have access to dashboards and reports that have been shared with them in the Power BI service. For more information on how to do this, see the following.

5 REPLIES 5
vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

Can i embed reports into my application without Power BI Premium? (For non Power BI users)

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@belmore wrote:

I would like to know it is possible to embed reports/dashboards into a web app WITHOUT a Premium license --- FOR Power BI Users?? (do not want to use publish to web)

Embedding for Power BI users is the functionality that has been available with the Power BI service. You can continue to embed content from the Power BI service into your applications using the REST API. This requires that the end user of your application sign into the Power BI service when you want to view your content in the application. Once your end user signs in, they will only have access to dashboards and reports that have been shared with them in the Power BI service. For more information on how to do this, see the following.

@belmore

The approach is as listed, Embedding with Power BI users. There're two approaches for embedding, Embedding with Power BI users and Embedding with Non-Power BI users. On license aspect, the difference can be summized as 

The report audiences have to be Power BI Users, namely each audience shall have Power BI Pro license

Embedding with Non-Power BI users
The report audiences can be every one, not has to be Power BI users. 

Eric, Thank you for replying.

Question: Is the Premium service/license required for #1) Embedding with Power BI users?

thank you 

@belmore wrote:

Eric, Thank you for replying.

Question: Is the Premium service/license required for #1) Embedding with Power BI users?

thank you 

@belmore

No. But the report viewers have to be Pro licensed. eg. If you have 10 users to view the reports, you'll have to purchase 10 pro licenses.

Eric,

Thank you again for the follow-up. I would gladly pay for 10 pro users....I would like to embed a dashboard into a wordpress site.....where the 10 pro users would have access to the dashboard (if the dashboard is shared with them)....I would like to generate the "embedded code" similar to "publish to web" (similar to Tableau online). I'm not a developer.....so downloading the example app into visual studio is not an option....and here is where I need help/advice/prayers....understanding how best to go about embedding a dashboard into a wordpress site vs visual studio app.....

Thanks again for help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors