Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

biggihs

Is a PowerBi Embedded Dashboard Tile accessible in a WebApp for anonymous users?

Hello

I have a Webapp and I want to allow my clients to embed their PowerBI Dashboards and Tiles in my app.

I intend on implementing PowerBI Embedded and I think I have that figured out, but I have one question.

If my user embeds a PowerBI Dashboard or Tile in my app and wants it to be public to anyone (anonymous), can he do that?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@biggihs wrote:

Hello

I have a Webapp and I want to allow my clients to embed their PowerBI Dashboards and Tiles in my app.

I intend on implementing PowerBI Embedded and I think I have that figured out, but I have one question.

If my user embeds a PowerBI Dashboard or Tile in my app and wants it to be public to anyone (anonymous), can he do that?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

@biggihs

1. Power BI Embedded doesn't support embedding dashboards or tiles.
  2. Power BI Embedded supports anonymous access to embedded reports.
  3. If you're talking about Embedding dashboards, reports, tiles via Power BI Service REST API, it won't allow anonymous access, unless using Publish to web(reports only).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@biggihs wrote:

Hello

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

@biggihs

1. Power BI Embedded doesn't support embedding dashboards or tiles.
  2. Power BI Embedded supports anonymous access to embedded reports.
  3. If you're talking about Embedding dashboards, reports, tiles via Power BI Service REST API, it won't allow anonymous access, unless using Publish to web(reports only).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.