Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

diaAzul
Helper I
Helper I

Implement Bookmark in Custom Visual

I am trying to implement support for bookmarks within my custom visuals, following the instructions given at Power BI Report Bookmarks. However, it is not working.

I have the lastest packages downloaded from NPM:

• "powerbi-visuals-utils-dataviewutils": "1.4.1"
  • "powerbi-visuals-utils-interactivityutils": "3.1.0"
  • "powerbi-visuals-tools": "1.11.2"

Note: Even though the visual tools is version 1.11.2 it is only possible to install up to API 1.10. [Note also, that the instructions for bookmarking states that SelectionManager only works with API 1.11]

I use the InteractivityService to manage selections within the visual, and can support cross highlighting / filtering with selections both within the custom visual and reciprocal behaviour from other visuals (i.e. if selections are made within other visuals then the custom visual is either filtered or highlighted as required).

Questions:

(a) The documentation states that the bookmark functionality works with version 1.11 updwards. Is that a mistake in the documentation? If not, then when will API 1.11 be made available?

(b) The documentation states that no changes are required to support bookmarking if the custom visual supports InteractivityService; however, that does not appear to be the case. When a bookmark is selected then the selection is not applied to the custom visual. Is it correct that no changes are required if the custom visual supports InteractivityService [not this is not a custom filter, but a graphing visual].

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@diaAzul,

There is no problem to update visual API to 1.11.0.

https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals/blob/master/tools/usage.md#upgrading-to-a-different-api...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@diaAzul,

There is no problem to update visual API to 1.11.0.

https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals/blob/master/tools/usage.md#upgrading-to-a-different-api...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft

Thanks, don't know what I was doing wrong before. It updated this time - same commands, same sequence (I can see it in the command history), different day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.