Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ElliotP
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Iframe in Website slows page response dramatically

Afternoon,

I really love how we can embedd reports into websites with an iframe, it's easy and fantastic. I'm very much a novice in regards to web design, etc and I've done some reading (http://www.stevesouders.com/blog/2009/06/03/using-iframes-sparingly/) which seems to indicate that iframe will slow a page's response speed as it's quite taxing on the server and adds a few layers of loading.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to speed up the speed at which my website page loads with a powerbi iframe embedded directly into the html, aside from the basics that an iframe will slow the page, loading other websites (powerbi tips) with embeddded powerbi reports (through an iframe) seems to load dramatically faster than mine (2-3seconds vs my 10-15seconds); Is it a matter of some code to help the website perform or the quality of hosting,etc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

At the time I was working through optimising the website and dealing with a slow loadspeed. I've sorted that for the moment and it wasn't due to the iframe; so it's all good. Thanks for the response.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KumarDarmesh
Helper IV
Helper IV

You mean rendering the iframe takes more time?

At the time I was working through optimising the website and dealing with a slow loadspeed. I've sorted that for the moment and it wasn't due to the iframe; so it's all good. Thanks for the response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.