Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yraghavendra

I am not able to add power bi to Azure account

Hi,

I am trying to use Power BI rest APIs through postman.If I am correct in order to use REST API we need to add power bi to Azure account.And I am unable to do that.I can see this page but it is not responding to my actions(see screenshot).

Ultimately I want to use Power BI Rest API.Please help me with the further steps I need to take.

Screenshot_1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@yraghavendra

See my previous reply. POSTMAN is a very good tool for testing REST APIs. You don't even have to code any powershell script.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
yraghavendra

HI,

I want to execute Power BI Rest APIs 

I have Pro version I have create and published App on Server

I also have azure account and have also assigned permission for Power BI service

Dont know about C# code terminologies

and how to execute code and get access token

But i m unable to get AD tenant ID, authorization code, access token 

Refered the above links but didnt helped me

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/get-azuread-access-token

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/register-app

and related links to it

If any alternative solution using powershell script in azure would also we useful

Kindly Do the needful as soon as possible as this is our top priority

Thanking You

@yraghavendra

See my previous reply. POSTMAN is a very good tool for testing REST APIs. You don't even have to code any powershell script.

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@yraghavendra

There seems something wrong with that page, you can register the app in Azure portal(free) directly. See Register with the Azure portal.

After creating the app, add the Power BI API(Power BI Service (Microsoft.Azure.AnalysisServices) for that application. Then add sufficient permissions(14) to PBI APIs and grant permissions.

Capture.JPG

As to how to get an accesstoken in Postman, see this thread.

The registered app is used to get the accesstoken, if only for testing purpose, you can get a token in a quick way without the app following this thread.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.