Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gervwyk
Regular Visitor

How to set up users for power BI app

Good day

I have a company which needs to distribute power bi tiles to 100s of users. We are currently developing a Meteor app to implement functionality the client is looking for and would like to embed power bi tiles in the app to distribute the data to their users. We can't create power bi for all client users so I'm thinking to create the user accoutns as follow:

- Power bi "admin" user which creates and shares the tiles tho company users 

- "Company A", "Company B" or "Company C" users with which the 'admin' users shares view rights of dashboards. "Campany A" is a power bi user. 

- App users belonging to "Company A" can the authenticate to Power BI with "Company A" cresidentials to view tiles shared with "Company A"

Thus we have the 100s of company users in our app which then authenticates with the rest API as the "Company A" power bi user to view the dashboard tiles in the app as shared with "Company A" by the "Admin" user.

Does this user case seem doable? and what problems should I expect with this approach? 

1 REPLY 1
arc
Regular Visitor

@gervwyk did you ever decideon an architecture? I'm also looking to build a meteor app with a similar use case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.