Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emma_s
Helper I
Helper I

How to phrase Q&A to map latitude & longitude?

I have an embedded Q&A report and am testing my column and table names for maximum useability.

I'm getting strange results when plotting a map. I have a table called "events" which contains field names "latitude" and "longitude".

My latest effort is: "latitude and longitude as map". One dot is then located in the Pacific Ocean, even though the tooltip shows a longitude of +5 and a latitude of +52, placing the event in Holland.

I've tried various others, e.g. "events as map", and "number of events by latitude by longitude as map" and nothing comes out right. The dots seem randomly placed and the map is not zoomed in at all.

Can anyone advise what the correct phrasing should be? It works fine in Power BI Desktop, when dragging and dropping fields.

Emma

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Have you tried the pre-defined Question, which  the mode is result only instead of in interactive?

Check the article below for more details:

Q&A in Power BI Embedded

By the way, based on what I know, there is no proper way to have the latitude and longitude to be filled automatically with the correct part for the map visual, you may need to drag the data field manually under the Q&A Visualization pane after entering the question.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael, thanks for your reply. I don't understand how it helps to use Result instead of Interactive, because I still have to phrase the set question in terms of latitude and longitude. Can you help me phrase that question better - surely there is a way!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.