Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

murali_r
Helper I
Helper I

How do we refresh dataset frequently from datasource?

Once data got updated in database, I want to update it in my power BI report as well instantly. Please help me to acheive this.

7 REPLIES 7
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@murali_r wrote:

Once data got updated in database, I want to update it in my power BI report as well instantly. Please help me to acheive this.

@murali_r

On refresh&real time data aspect, you can reference

@Eric_Zhang

Thanks for updates,

with use of your information I can update dataset , but it is not reflected in report automatically where it is viewed . Once reload/refresh the report then only got update. I need whenever the data got updated , it should reflected in UI automatically without reload/refresh page or report. Please update some idea to acheive this.

Hi @murali_r

Did you try using Direct Query? See this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-directquery

It must show information always uptaded. If you want to use Import, you must see the information after the the gateway information changes it status to completed. See this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-faq

Hope it works for you.

@Juramirez

Yes I am using direct query in my report . But no luck.  If any data updated in database table that is not reflected in my report until I refreshed the report. I am getting same issue . I don't know if any configuration need to do in this report. Please help me for this or provide the some other way to acheive this.

@murali_r

Did you try testing in your Power BI Desktop or in the Embedded one? Maybe is something wrong with your datasource. You have set your gateway correctly? It is working? Please provide images or info to see this (remeber to post this with mock data)

I am trying testing in embeded one . the following screen sort shows my azure datasource connection details. 

DataSourceConnection.png

Please update if anything wrong.

Juramirez
Resolver I
Resolver I

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors