Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frampers
Frequent Visitor

Hierarchical layout on Network Navigator custom visual

Is it possible to influence the layout of the Network Navigator custom visual? I have a hierarchical set of nodes and edges so want to get more of a tree layout if poss. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Frampers

You can somewhat customize the layout in the Format tab, however, Network layout is different from Tree hierarchy, I doubt you can achieve an influence hierarchical layout. .

Capture.PNG

If you're looking for a layout as in this link, you can contact the auther.

Thanks for the reply.  I'll keep looking as the other hierarchical or tree layout visualisations I've seen so far expect you to add a new data column for each new level you want to see whereas I want to take the source and target node dataset (ie 2 columns) that I can feed to the network navigator and get a tree layout based on the number of levels within that data alone. 

@Frampers

Meanwhile you can sumbit a request at the Power BI Ideas.

Hi, 

I want to create a a hierarchy by having Application Name, then Server Name and Then Server Type

I tried to use Network Navigator but I am able to see Application Name and Server Name only. 

Server Name is not further showing the Server Type. 

please advise. 

Thanks in advance. 

Thanks I figured it out. 

Basically we have to just have two columns Source and Target. Within these two columns you have to list the input which are going to interlink with each another. 

Does anyone here know if there is a way to build a Hierarchical layout using multiple sheets? 

E.g. Biology 

Sheet/Table 1 - Order/Family (Two Columns)

Sheet/Table 2 - Family/Genus

Sheet/Table 3 - Genus/Epithet

While putting Order into "Source" and Family into "Target Node", and the viz takes into account subsequent sheet relationships to expand the Network heirarchy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.