Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

codekorenge

Has Power BI Embedded changed?

Recently, my organization proposed to use power-bi embedded for reporting. As a lead developer, i wanted to develop a PoC to explore the product further for recommendation. 

Unfortunately power-bi has anounced its recent change - that is bringing together power-bi service and embedded service. Great, but not quite! Everything has changed! I was following tutorial from @GuyInACube, he has done a great job! But the sad news now is, I was not able to try out any of his sample code on embedded! 

In this tutorial, the code was not even in the Integrate a dashboard sample git repository anymore!

I was the unlucky one to experience this great technology. Not sure if I should propose another or stick with this one. Being a Microsoft .NET developer I still in favor if this. I have few questions:

1. Do i need premium account to embedd reports or pro will do?
  2. Where is the sample code & tutorials for the new approach?

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@codekorenge wrote:

Recently, my organization proposed to use power-bi embedded for reporting. As a lead developer, i wanted to develop a PoC to explore the product further for recommendation. 

Unfortunately power-bi has anounced its recent change - that is bringing together power-bi service and embedded service. Great, but not quite! Everything has changed! I was following tutorial from @GuyInACube, he has done a great job! But the sad news now is, I was not able to try out any of his sample code on embedded! 

In this tutorial, the code was not even in the Integrate a dashboard sample git repository anymore!

I was the unlucky one to experience this great technology. Not sure if I should propose another or stick with this one. Being a Microsoft .NET developer I still in favor if this. I have few questions:

1. Do i need premium account to embedd reports or pro will do?
  2. Where is the sample code & tutorials for the new approach?

@codekorenge

1. You could use a Pro license when developing, when you are ready to move to production, your app workspace must be assigned to a Premium capacity. See Embedding with non-Power BI users.

2. As to the sample code, you could reference this github repo. For turorial, see How to embed your Power BI dashboards, reports and tiles, you only reference the "Non-Power BI users" part.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @codekorenge!

I have a similar problem and there are many doubts around.
I refer you to my post in case It could help you.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Create-a-New-Azure-Workspace/m-p/192810#M6138

I hope someone can help us.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @codekorenge!

I have a similar problem and there are many doubts around.
I refer you to my post in case It could help you.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Create-a-New-Azure-Workspace/m-p/192810#M6138

I hope someone can help us.

@Anonymous

For any doubt, just feel free to post. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.