Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kk122015
Employee
Employee

Getting HTTP error 429 while deleting the table

I am trying to delete the table inside a dataset using the Power BI Rest APIs and getting response as HTTP 429. Is there any limit on the number of requests that can be sent to Power BI service over a period of time?

Also, I am pushing data to the dataset at the same time and that is working without any issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@kk122015

There's indeed a limitation for REST API calls. See Power BI REST API limitations.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@kk122015

There's indeed a limitation for REST API calls. See Power BI REST API limitations.

@Eric_Zhang, Thanks for sharing the link. I had a question while looking at the details:

It is mentioned that 'Dataset created by user with paid service plan: 1,000,000 rows added per hour per dataset'

Does this apply to both 'Power BI Pro' and 'Power BI Premium' as well?

@kk122015 wrote:

@Eric_Zhang, Thanks for sharing the link. I had a question while looking at the details:

It is mentioned that 'Dataset created by user with paid service plan: 1,000,000 rows added per hour per dataset'

Does this apply to both 'Power BI Pro' and 'Power BI Premium' as well?

@kk122015

It indeed applies to "Power BI Pro". But I doubt it to Premium as well, because you can purchase different capacity for Premium. As I'm not seeing any documentation for the REST API limitation for Premium, I'd suggest you reach offical contact for bettere clarification.

Thanks Eric, that gives me lot of details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.