Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andrmh
Helper II
Helper II

Get Tiles API - embedURL blank

Hello,

I am playing with the Power BI API, with the goal of using my Intranet MVC5 website to display Dashboards Tiles to users.

However I am finding after querying some Dashboards, that the Tiles for the dashboard have the Id and Title present, however the embedURL property for the Tile is always blank.

Obviously something is wrong here. However no manner of recreating dasboards from reports, refreshing, etc can seem to lead me to a scenario wher the embedURL is actually available.

I have written my MVC controllers to exclude tiles with empty URLs from my model, however I question why I should even have to do this.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
rltlam
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem that only seems to be affecting a customer in Israel. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

psined
Regular Visitor

I'm too having the same exact problem, except that tiles in a dashboard which I manually created return proper string in embedURL json property. However tiles on the dashboard which I imported during MSFT hands-on lab gives blank URL (just like in your case). The tile itself renders fine on Power BI web site. So I would like to know why would some tiles not return proper URL.

I tried manually make up the URL string from dashboard and tile IDs; the tile comes up without error, but I only see the "tile is loading" spinner and nothing else happens...

One more follow-up, should I try to render the actual report instead of the tile which has it, the report renders fine. But I would like to get tiles working as well. I know that there are support limitations for tiles featuring 3rd party visualisations, but in such cases I get a clear error message across the tile canvas - "the content is not supported". So I would agree with you that something must be wrong on the REST API side of things.

Just wondering if anyone has any information here? Trying to get some tiles to display, and while they return fine, the embedurl is always empty.

Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors