Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tenenwurcel
Regular Visitor

Doubts about Power Bi Capacity

Hello everyonye,

I have created a application to share my reports with the customers of my company (whom doesn't have a Power BI account).

And even when my Power BI Embedded capacity is paused, they can still access and visualize it.

I have a Power BI Pro account. Is it supose to work like that?

I also have a second doubt.

Is it possible to start and stop the capacity programmatically?

Thank you very much,

Henrique. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@tenenwurcel wrote:

Hello everyonye,

I have created a application to share my reports with the customers of my company (whom doesn't have a Power BI account).

And even when my Power BI Embedded capacity is paused, they can still access and visualize it.

Thank you very much,

Henrique. 

@tenenwurcel

1. At this moment, it is suposed to work for a limited period and then you'll keep failing calling the API GenerateToken.
  2. The product team is working on the capacity APIs, so the answer is No at this moment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@tenenwurcel wrote:

Hello everyonye,

Thank you very much,

Henrique. 

@tenenwurcel

1. At this moment, it is suposed to work for a limited period and then you'll keep failing calling the API GenerateToken.
  2. The product team is working on the capacity APIs, so the answer is No at this moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Under a separate thread, I have documented how we cannot assign a workspace to an Azure PowerBI resource (whether it is paused or running). It generates an error that is entirely unhelpful.

I'd like to make a pitch to move some of our home-grown dashboards to PowerBI, but it all seems rather fragile at the moment. We can't afford the big $$ investment that big corporations can to support the occassional user that wants to explore a dashboard. An A1 instance would be fine if we can programtically start and stop it and it doesn't help that we can't take an existing workspace and associate it with the Azure instance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.