Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kadee15
Regular Visitor

Doubt about RestAPI Real time data

Hi, i want to use Power BI REST API to get reports on my account and show them on my web app. My doubt is:

When a user access to my app and see the iframe with report obtained by C# code, will it be real time data? What i mean is... will iframe data stay cached 1 hour like "publish to web" option or it'll always be real time access to data and info on report?

If you need a better explanation, just tell me and ill try to give you better.

Thank you so much! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kadee15 wrote:

Thank you so much! I have another question:

Can i use the same user on my Azure AD configured on my C# code (same access token every time) to get reports and then show them on my app iframe to public users??? Maybe this is the right way to do it but i prefer ask before do something useless... 😃

Again thanks for help! @Eric_Zhang

@kadee15

This seems possible on technology aspect, however I doubt it would violate some license compliance. A better option is using Power BI Embedded, it has no license involved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@kadee15

It should be real time, check the first paragraph at What can developers do with Power BI? And I don't notice some latency when embeding report via Power BI REST API.

Hi, i want to use Power BI REST API to get reports on my account and show them on my web app. My doubt is:

When a user access to my app and see the iframe with report obtained by C# code, will it be real time data? What i mean is... will iframe data stay cached 1 hour like "publish to web" option or it'll always be real time access to data and info on report?

By the way, the user can't access the report unless the user has access to your report in Power BI Service. 

Can i use the same user on my Azure AD configured on my C# code (same access token every time) to get reports and then show them on my app iframe to public users??? Maybe this is the right way to do it but i prefer ask before do something useless... 😃

@kadee15 wrote:

@kadee15

This seems possible on technology aspect, however I doubt it would violate some license compliance. A better option is using Power BI Embedded, it has no license involved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.