Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tenenwurcel
Regular Visitor

Doubt about Power BI Capacity Price

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt about how the charging of the Power BI Capacity works.

I know that is charged by every hour of use, but how are the hours cauculated.

Lets say I use the capacity from 4:00pm to 4:10 pm. And then from 7:00pm to 7:50pm.

Am I gonna be charged for just 1 hour (10 minutes + 50 minutes), or I am gonna be charged for 2 hours (4pm to 5pm and 7pm to 8pm)? 

Thank you very much,

Henrique.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@tenenwurcel wrote:

Hello everyone,

Lets say I use the capacity from 4:00pm to 4:10 pm. And then from 7:00pm to 7:50pm.

Am I gonna be charged for just 1 hour (10 minutes + 50 minutes), or I am gonna be charged for 2 hours (4pm to 5pm and 7pm to 8pm)? 

Thank you very much,

Henrique.

@tenenwurcel

It is 0.17(10/60 ) + 0.83(50/60) = 1 h. See this clarification

Power BI Embedded bills on a predictable hourly rate based on the type of node(s) deployed. Actual usage is computed to the second and billed hourly. For example, if an instance exists for 12 hours and 15 minutes in a month, your bill will show usage of 12.25 hours. If your instance is only active for 6 minutes, your bill will show usage of 0.1 hour.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@tenenwurcel wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much,

Henrique.

@tenenwurcel

It is 0.17(10/60 ) + 0.83(50/60) = 1 h. See this clarification

Power BI Embedded bills on a predictable hourly rate based on the type of node(s) deployed. Actual usage is computed to the second and billed hourly. For example, if an instance exists for 12 hours and 15 minutes in a month, your bill will show usage of 12.25 hours. If your instance is only active for 6 minutes, your bill will show usage of 0.1 hour.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eric_Zhang what does a "live instance" means?

what is available when pausing the capacity? can the user still view the report without interacting with it? what happens if he tries to interact with it? will it give him an error and stop displaying the embedded content?

I didn't find any answer to those questions and would be glad to get them answered.

the workspace is still available which is what's tied to the capacity.  I bet it still works but worth a try if you have appownsdata model, you can pause your A SKU's and see.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.