Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rajashekar

Do user need to have a Power BI account to view the published report

I'm developing an web application POC in which i have to embed a Power-BI report.So users will login into my application and will go to reports page.If i use oAuth user will be asked to login to microsoft account and will be redirected to my application again. But what about the users who don't have microsoft/powerbi account. How can i show the reports to them(can we do this without publishing it to web where everyone can see). Also want to pass parameters to the same report based on logged in user.

3 REPLIES 3
nirajdubey
Advocate I
Advocate I

A user don't need to have a power bi account to view a published report embedded in a web application.

@nirajdubey wrote:

A user don't need to have a power bi account to view a published report embedded in a web application.

@nirajdubey

People do need to login before they can view a report embedded via Power BI REST API. Only when the report is embedded via Power BI Embedded, they don't need.

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@rajashekar wrote:

I'm developing an web application POC in which i have to embed a Power-BI report.So users will login into my application and will go to reports page.If i use oAuth user will be asked to login to microsoft account and will be redirected to my application again. But what about the users who don't have microsoft/powerbi account. How can i show the reports to them(can we do this without publishing it to web where everyone can see). Also want to pass parameters to the same report based on logged in user.

I think you can use Power BI Embedded.

Check

A Power BI Embedded sample in github

RLS in Power BI Embedded

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.