Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcleary

Display time and duration

I am trying to display delivery times in the graph in PBI to show operational delivery improvements. 

Please see below the data list I am trying to display.   I can show it if I change to a decimal but then the numbers are not correct  and the Y axis displays incorrectly.   I wanted to just show the time as you mouse over the line and the Y axis to display how long it took  

I am somewhat new to Power BI but after spending a few days trying to figure this out I am hoping that the community can get me unstuck.    I appreciate any help Thank you

Sampledata.JPGsamplegraph.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@jcleary wrote:

I am trying to display delivery times in the graph in PBI to show operational delivery improvements. 

Please see below the data list I am trying to display.   I can show it if I change to a decimal but then the numbers are not correct  and the Y axis displays incorrectly.   I wanted to just show the time as you mouse over the line and the Y axis to display how long it took  

I am somewhat new to Power BI but after spending a few days trying to figure this out I am hoping that the community can get me unstuck.    I appreciate any help Thank you

@jcleary

In your table, is there only one row for each DATE?

I think you can create a decimal column that indicate the duration in hours, put this column to the Values field. To see the time format, create a calculated column shows "hh:mm" format and put it in the Tooltips field.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.