Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rubenvw
Advocate I
Advocate I

Display Power BI tiles in Dynamics CRM context using Power BI Embedded

Hi all,

We really would like to embed Power BI tiles/dashboards within CRM based on the context. For example:

I would like to embed a Power BI tile that contains information about an account. When an user opens the Account form within CRM, the Power BI tile will be displayed within the Account form and automatically filtered. This should be applied for each account automatically for every user. The authentication for the Power BI tile will be based on the Dynamics CRM credentials.

What would be the best approach for this? Does Power BI Embedded provide a solution for this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
smacias31

Hi to all, Ipve found this post from a very good dev on dynamics and an awesome guy doing charts, here he is referring to another guy that built a solution to acomplish this, here is the link

https://crmchartguy.com/2018/02/11/contextual-power-bi-reports-on-dynamics-365-forms/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Adding to this solution, you can now quite simply filter embedded Power BI reports based on context (for example filtering on the specific Account you are viewing) using URL filtering and Secure Embed. I did a quick write-up of this here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/filtering-power-bi-reports-based-context-dynamics-365-%C3%A5rdal/ 

Regards,

Rasmus

smacias31

Hi to all, Ipve found this post from a very good dev on dynamics and an awesome guy doing charts, here he is referring to another guy that built a solution to acomplish this, here is the link

https://crmchartguy.com/2018/02/11/contextual-power-bi-reports-on-dynamics-365-forms/

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

There are Power BI tiles built into CRM Online. Just edit a CRM dashboard and add one.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler Thanks for your reply! But the fact is that I would like to implement it for every user. Inserting is only possible for 'Personal Dashboard'.; I would like to configure it into a system dashboard / managed IT. Besides, I would like to display the tiles into an account form.

@Rubenvw: have you had any luck implementing this scenario? I am working with a client who asks for the same thing. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.