Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Juramirez
Resolver I
Resolver I

Dashboard embedded

Hi! I'm embedding a Dashboard using this code from Github and it works fine but what I want is that the dashboard that is embedded works as the Dashboard that I have in my own workspace (on app.powerbi.com). This means that when I clicked on a tile that is pinned from one report, the report gets open (where the visual graph is) and I can see the information that is there. Actually the embedded dashboard and his tiles just are like images and this can't be done. There's a way to do this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Juramirez wrote:

Hi! I'm embedding a Dashboard using this code from Github and it works fine but what I want is that the dashboard that is embedded works as the Dashboard that I have in my own workspace (on app.powerbi.com). This means that when I clicked on a tile that is pinned from one report, the report gets open (where the visual graph is) and I can see the information that is there. Actually the embedded dashboard and his tiles just are like images and this can't be done. There's a way to do this? 

@Juramirez

That is not possible in embedding scenario. When embedding a dashboard, the embedding token has no more access to any other reports/dashboards than the embedded dashboard. Actually you can still customize the tile click events with Power BI Javascript API. See snippet below.

var config = {
        type: 'dashboard',
        tokenType: models.TokenType.Embed,
        accessToken: accessToken,
        embedUrl: embedUrl,
		pageView: "fitToWidth",
        id: embedDashboardId
    };

var dashboardContainer = $('#dashboardContainer')[0] ;

var dashboard = powerbi.embed(dashboardContainer, config); 

dashboard.on("tileClicked", function() {
    console.log("tileClicked");
});

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Juramirez wrote:

@Juramirez

That is not possible in embedding scenario. When embedding a dashboard, the embedding token has no more access to any other reports/dashboards than the embedded dashboard. Actually you can still customize the tile click events with Power BI Javascript API. See snippet below.

var config = {
        type: 'dashboard',
        tokenType: models.TokenType.Embed,
        accessToken: accessToken,
        embedUrl: embedUrl,
		pageView: "fitToWidth",
        id: embedDashboardId
    };

var dashboardContainer = $('#dashboardContainer')[0] ;

var dashboard = powerbi.embed(dashboardContainer, config); 

dashboard.on("tileClicked", function() {
    console.log("tileClicked");
});

Thanks @Eric_Zhang. Can I embed a dashboard and a report and show only the dashboard and when a tile is clicked that the  embedded report opens in the page of this one that I want? I mean, by example, I have a dashboard with 2 tiles and a report with 2 pages. Only the dashboard is shown to the client (when he get into the page) and when he clicked on tile 2 that the report opens in the page 2 (i don't know if this can be done modifying the JS of the embedded dashboard).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.