Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hellovaras
Regular Visitor

Custom Visuals - Not Saving

Hello,

Newbie.

I added a few custom visualizations to my Visualization Pane and when I close out of the PBID and re-open all the custom visualizations I loaded are gone. I am left with the standard ones. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
fmantov
Regular Visitor

This issue is still persisting

@fmantov

A custom visual template is added to a specific report when imported. If you'd like to use the visual template in another report, you need to import it into that report as well.

@willTangThank you for your fast answer.
I use a specific visual for 90% of my reports, so this menas I have to import that visual 20 - 30 times per day?

@fmantovAs far as I know, only be the case. You can sumbit your feeckback on Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

@willTang someone had already open this issue here;

voted.

thank you

Or at least you can provide option to select multiple visuals import at a time. If I have 20 custom visuals I have to import each visual at a time and it means 20 times import will actually solve my problem

anithat
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @hellovaras,  Did you update the PBID with the latest version release May 2016. If not then please do it and see if you still have the problem.

In older versions of PBID, When you Re-open the pbix file in PBID, a security alert pops up on top where you have to click on enable visuals.

Thanks for the reply.

I did the update for May and the issue persists. Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.