Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jwilmoth74
Frequent Visitor

Custom Visual HTLM formatted text viewer - Missing Menu Selection option in Desktop version

Greetings Power BI Community,

I finished a custom visual that will render HTML formatted text in a visual.  It works great in the Service/online version of Power BI, however it breaks in the Desktop version.  When investigating I noticed that the Service has a couple more menu choices when configuring the measure (First and Last)

Service Menu.JPG

The Visual works when first or last is selected. 

In Desktop mode, the First and Last menu choices are not there and the visual won't render with the limited choices:

Desktop Menu.JPG

I know menu choices can be in different locations between the Desktop version and online version, but I seems they are completely missing from the Desktop verison.  Does anyone know if the desktop version will get this functionality in an update soon?  Being able to see the html formatted text in the desktop version would be alot more convenient vs having to publish it every time to see the words. 

Thanks for the help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maybe wait for the next power bi desktop release

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jwilmoth74,

I do not have these two options. What version are you using?

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft,

Thanks for taking a look.  The version we are running is:

The desktop version I am running is:

Thanks,

Jason

Maybe wait for the next power bi desktop release

The Jan release has the feature added in the desktop version so the visual renders just fine.  

Thanks!!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.