Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Linxiao
Frequent Visitor

Custom Tooltip can show up in Power BI embedded, but filter not working

Based on the annoucement of Power BI Developer community April update, custom tooltip is now supported in Power BI embedded. I did get the custom tooltip show up in Power BI embedded, however, the tooltip shows all data instead of the data filtered by the column i selected in the parent visual. I have double-check the tooltip in Power BI desktop and Power BI services, all working fine.

Advices please, not sure if it is a bug?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Edited:

Would you please show me some screenshots of the symptom that you mentioned?

The filter under my testing works.

4.PNG

5.PNG

If it works in Power BI Service, then it should work under Power BI Embedded.

Please check your Embedded config part, see if there are anythings configured there which may has affects on it.

You could download the PBIX sample from Blog Demo.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your reply. The tooltip is working fine on Power BI services. please see the snapshot below:

1.png

However, it is not working on Power BI embedded, please see the shapshot below:

2.png

This is my config part which I think should not affect?

newSettings = {
filterPaneEnabled: false,
navContentPaneEnabled: true
};

The power bi client version i am using is v2.5.1.

Please suggest,

Many thanks,

Linxiao

Someone had the same issue: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Tooltip-chart-popup-in-Power-BI-Embedding-Suddenly-working-b.... However, he said the issue is suddenly disappear today, but when i test it, the issue is still there.

Linxiao
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Based on the annoucement of Power BI Developer community April update, custom tooltip is now supported in Power BI embedded. I did get the custom tooltip show up in Power BI embedded, however, the tooltip shows all data instead of the data filtered by the column i selected in the parent visual. I have double-check the tooltip in Power BI desktop and Power BI services, all working fine.

Advices please, not sure if it is a bug?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors