Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stharwani
Advocate I
Advocate I

Creating DAX measures in Power Query

Hello,

I've built a Custom Connector to extract data using an API. Is there a way to create DAX measures and relationships using Power Query, so I already have them ready in the connector.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Stharwani wrote:

Hello,

I've built a Custom Connector to extract data using an API. Is there a way to create DAX measures and relationships using Power Query, so I already have them ready in the connector.

Thanks.

@Stharwani

AFAIK, you couldn't create measures or relationships in Power Query. In your case, I think you may need the Power BI Template.

By the way, for relationships, by default, the option "Autodetect new relationship after data is loaded" is enabled.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Stharwani wrote:

Hello,

Thanks.

@Stharwani

AFAIK, you couldn't create measures or relationships in Power Query. In your case, I think you may need the Power BI Template.

By the way, for relationships, by default, the option "Autodetect new relationship after data is loaded" is enabled.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.