Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yuliaria
Frequent Visitor

Create workspace in Power BI Embedded using Rest API

Hi All,

I am a newbie Power BI developer. Nice to meet you. I have some questions related with Power BI Rest API.

I want to create an application which is integrated with Power BI embedded. My app has a lot of projects. I want one project to have one workspace. However, I don't want user to create the workspace manually from the cloud. User needs to be able to create workspaces from my application. Is this possible? 

We could create a workspace using Power BI Workspace collection in azure. We could use the provision sample here:

https://github.com/Azure-Samples/power-bi-embedded-integrate-report-into-web-app

Can we do the same in the Power BI Embedded?

I also want to register Power BI apps to azure programmatically. Is there any azure API to register apps and get Client ID and Client Secret? 

Please advise. 🙂

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Workspace is acutally group under Power BI, Power BI Embeded has the Group operations available, you could create a workspace by the Add group operation:

Add group

For App registration, please follow:

Register an Azure AD App to embed Power BI content

There is no way that I am aware of to register the App automatically.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CHTK
Frequent Visitor

Hi  - is there any way of adding the description while using add Group operation? 

v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Workspace is acutally group under Power BI, Power BI Embeded has the Group operations available, you could create a workspace by the Add group operation:

Add group

For App registration, please follow:

Register an Azure AD App to embed Power BI content

There is no way that I am aware of to register the App automatically.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you. I will try it.

Best regards,

Yuli Aria Winata

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.