Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

insoluzioni
Advocate I
Advocate I

Clarify: PowerBi Embedded and PowerBi.com

Please I need some clarification on the recent changes for. Power BI embedded.
I am aware of the convergence of PowerBi. Com and Embedded, but it's not clear at all.
So, if I am going to continue embedding my reports in my application I have to obligatory have a PowerBi Premium account?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@insoluzioni wrote:
I am aware of the convergence of PowerBi. Com and Embedded, but it's not clear at all.
So, if I am going to continue embedding my reports in my application I have to obligatory have a PowerBi Premium account?

@insoluzioni

Then answer shall be yes. See Embedding with Power BI.

When you are ready to move to production, your app workspace must be assigned to a Premium capacity.

Power BI Embedded is covering with Power BI Service, thus not longer an Azure service. The current Power BI Embedded service(on azure) will continue to be available for a limited time. You can't see option to create new workspace collection on Azure now. If you have already got Power BI workspace collections on azure, consider migrating them to Power BI Service.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@insoluzioni wrote:

@insoluzioni

Then answer shall be yes. See Embedding with Power BI.

When you are ready to move to production, your app workspace must be assigned to a Premium capacity.

Power BI Embedded is covering with Power BI Service, thus not longer an Azure service. The current Power BI Embedded service(on azure) will continue to be available for a limited time. You can't see option to create new workspace collection on Azure now. If you have already got Power BI workspace collections on azure, consider migrating them to Power BI Service.

Thanks Eric, although this answer created a problem more than solution =).
Good luck to you all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.