Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ElliotP
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Changing Dataset/Data Source for Dashboards

Afternoon,

I've created a few reports which have quite a lot of visuals (hundreds) and I love being able to use both the Dashboards as well as the Report view from the portal (can do somethings in report view as opposed to Dashboard view), but everytime I changed an input parameter or perhaps filtered the data in powerbi desktop, published, re-created dashboard including subtitles and links (would take hours upon hours) and then shared with the people I'd like to; it would take a lot of time, notably the re-pinning from report to dashboard and the little changes for so many visuals.

After googling and having a look around I saw organisational and service content packs. Service Content packs seem to be only for people such as Github, Google Analytics (direct to the source) as opposed to me amalgamating a few different services but consuming them from my Azure sql servers. I saw (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-content-pack-overview/); this looks ideal. So, my question is, Do I need to apply to the Content Pack Certification Program as so I'm able to just change my consumed dataset for my shared content pack dashboards? As opposoed to 10hrs from start to finish.

2 REPLIES 2
KumarDarmesh
Helper IV
Helper IV

Couldn't you use a direct query or re-publish and overwrite the report? 

In what sense? I would need to be able to "duplicate" the dashboard in it's layout, just with subtley different data from the same source.

What do you mean overwrite the report or use direct query? Is it possible to change those inputs once they are on powerbi web?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.