Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thompland777

Can the "Add Web Content Widget" be used to integrate internal apps not hosted in Azure?

I reviewed these two links...

Add widgets to your Power BI dashboard

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-add-a-widget-to-a-dashboard/

My question is from a networking perspective, is there a reverse proxy that can be setup, such that internal apps (not hosted in Azure) can be iframe-ed into Power BI dashboard?

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@thompland777 wrote:

I reviewed these two links...

Add widgets to your Power BI dashboard

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-add-a-widget-to-a-dashboard/

My question is from a networking perspective, is there a reverse proxy that can be setup, such that internal apps (not hosted in Azure) can be iframe-ed into Power BI dashboard?

@thompland777

I don't have much knowledge on networking, just curious about it.

As reverse proxy wiki says

A reverse proxy taking requests from the Internet and forwarding them to servers in an internal network. Those making requests to the proxy may not be aware of the internal network.

Which means, based on my understanding, you can set up reverse proxy for your internal application, and set the src=proxy.com in Power BI service when embeding a iframe.

If your app is hosted on IIS, you can check Setup IIS with URL Rewrite as a reverse proxy for real world apps. As to other web servers, for more professional and specific response, I'd suggest your post your question in the dedicated forum. 

Regards,

Eric

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.