Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't add data to a field - custom visual

Hi All,

I'm trying to extend the 'enhanced scatter' visual from the gallery. I've managed to what I require and have added an additional measure to the data roles which allows for extra functionality. In this respect, all is well. The visual does what I want and updates etc.

However, for some reason when my new role has data in it, I cannot add data to another role. Specifically the 'legend'. This is a grouping type and is necessary to distinguish between different series. 

I have absolutely no idea why I'm unable to add data. I've tried to debug put I can't find an entry point into the underlying typescript. It's as if it's not being called.

What situation would cause this to happen? Can it be remedied?

To elaborate, when I try to add data to the legend role, what I'm dragging dissapears but the UI does not respond and doesn't change. This field works perfectly when I don't have data added to the role I created.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've solved the problem.

In my dataViewMappings I'd mistyped one set of conditions. I thought I had it set to be exactly the same as an existing parameter but I've just noticed a small typo. This meant the conditions weren't being met and it wasn't allowing me to add data! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've solved the problem.

In my dataViewMappings I'd mistyped one set of conditions. I thought I had it set to be exactly the same as an existing parameter but I've just noticed a small typo. This meant the conditions weren't being met and it wasn't allowing me to add data! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.