Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Edward
Employee
Employee

Can Power BI Embedded support rendering via MVC PartialViews?

I am following the sample on GitHub for Embedding a Power BI report. The sample solution also includes the utility that creates the workspace on Azure. The sample runs just fine.

I am now trying to integrate my own report into my UI. I am having some trouble making it work.

I would like to render it by PartialView.

If i try to render as a View i encounter issues (mostly related to my MVC design).

Question:

Are Partial Views supported by Power BI Embedded?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Edward
Employee
Employee

FYI, I am trying to render this using a View (just like the sample), but i dont see anything rendered.

The only thing rendered is a div element with some attributes related to power bi and the report that im trying to render (i.e. there is nothing rendered that is visible in the browser).

Note that i can see my rendered report when i use my web.config settings in the sample project.

The sample code im referring to is this:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/power-bi-embedded-get-started-sample/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.