Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Box and Whisker Plot

Any idea when the revised visual will be loaded to the store?  Right now there is none and, it appears, a revision is about to come out but nothing can be downloaded now from the store.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @tjd,

Box Whisker is in Office Store. Heve you faced any issues with this visual?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

@tjd, this is correct at this moment. It takes +/-2 weeks before new visuals are available for everybody after store approval. This is needed to assure that existing reports are not breaking. But indeed there is now a strange situation that the store entry is of the new version and you can use the old version. But is +/- 2 weeks your reports are updated automatically.

Hi, just a quick notice: the new version is now available for everyone.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

-JP

36 REPLIES 36

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback and indeed there is an issue with the labeling of the outliers.

I will fix this in the upcoming release, which will be in a few weeks.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @tjd,

Box Whisker is in Office Store. Heve you faced any issues with this visual?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It wasn't there when I made the post yesterday.  It is now there.  Seems as though you guys are arbitrarily taking down visuals and putting them back up.  Now, the Long Text Viewer has gone missing.  You keep this up and people will quickly lose faith in having a custom visual available for users to download and will stop using them in their PowerBI applications.

Indeed the store entry was missing for +/- one day. When I submitted the new version I set a date in the future expecting that the old version was still available before that date. But it didn't. Luckally it was only a small period.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@jpppUnfortunately, while the Office Store now says version 2.0.0.0 is the new Box and Whisker Plot download, when I download it (shows v.2.0.0.0 in the name) and bring it into PowerBI desktop, it appears to be the old version.  None of your new "stuff" is showing up per your website.  Any idea what's going on?

@tjd, this is correct at this moment. It takes +/-2 weeks before new visuals are available for everybody after store approval. This is needed to assure that existing reports are not breaking. But indeed there is now a strange situation that the store entry is of the new version and you can use the old version. But is +/- 2 weeks your reports are updated automatically.

Hi, just a quick notice: the new version is now available for everyone.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

-JP

Hi, I have 25k rows in my data and the boxplot is taking too much time to load. Can we make it faster with some standard tricks?

Hi, I am having 25000 rows in my data set and it will be growing day by day. With this much of data it is taking too much time to load a boxplot having only one category. How can i make this faster?

Hi!

I faced some problems for the newest version. I downlaoded the nest version of power bi destop, but it doesn't work. Can you please help? Thank you.

1. No chart showing after I drop vlaues and catefory

2. I cannot put multiple values 

3. "Don't summarize" is not avaliable

boxplot.png

Hi,

The Box and Whisker chart needs data is a specific way.

• Category - This field contains the categories. For each (unique) category a different chart is drawn.
  • Sampling - All these fields are being used to 'sample' the dataset or 'creates rows'.
  • Values - The values field contains a numeric value to calculate the statistic values needed for the charts.

This is also the reason that the option 'Don't summarize' is not available for this chart: it is how the data is bound to the visual and that is needed for a next release when there will be support for drill-down.

Multiple values is not supported: the chart only uses one measure for calculation the needed values.

Or do you have a scenario where you need to have multiple measures in one box and whisker chart?

-JP

That works! Another question is for outliers, when I hover a outlier point, it only shows values and category, but no samplinmg fields showing.

For example, I put "Platform" into Category,  "Date" into Sampling and "Revenue" into Values. And I want also show "Date" in outliers point detials when I hover my mouse.

How can I resolve this? Thank you so much.

At this moment this information is not exposed in the details.

But what kind of information do you like to see? All the fields used to sample the data, e.g. sampling: date?

And do you like to see that information also in chart details?

Exactly! I'd like to see all fields used in sampling in outliers and chart details. In addition, it would be the best if the chart can show every data point. Thank you very much. 

Thanks for the suggestion and I will put it on my backlog: https://github.com/liprec/powerbi-boxWhiskerChart/issues/3

-JP

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks for the update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.