Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

omkar

Add rows to Power BI at regular intervals.

If there a way to create a dataset and add rows to dataset on Power BI Embedded via API (not SQL)? Is this feature already present or being planned? I don't see any reference on the POwer BI Embedded documentation. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/mt711507.aspx

Is this feature available with Power BI Premium? Also, a common scenario would be to have a web service post data to the dataset in Power BI at regular intervals. This would require something on the lines of "App permissions", instead of "User permissions" which expire pretty quickly. I don't see Power BI APIs having App permissions at the moment. Is this being planned too?

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@omkar wrote:

If there a way to create a dataset and add rows to dataset on Power BI Embedded via API (not SQL)? Is this feature already present or being planned? I don't see any reference on the POwer BI Embedded documentation. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/mt711507.aspx

Is this feature available with Power BI Premium? Also, a common scenario would be to have a web service post data to the dataset in Power BI at regular intervals. This would require something on the lines of "App permissions", instead of "User permissions" which expire pretty quickly. I don't see Power BI APIs having App permissions at the moment. Is this being planned too?

@omkar

There's such feature for both Power BI Embedded and Power BI Service. For PBI Embedded, as it is being deprecated, so I won't mention about details. As to Power BI Service, you could see this tutorial Push data into a Power BI dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.