Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tval
Advocate I
Advocate I

401 Unauthorized getting background image of embedded report

We have run into a strange issue embedding a Power BI report into a custom web app.  The background-image is not displayed because of a 401 unauthorized error.  To make things even more confusing, for the user who actually created the report, just in Chrome, he is able to get the image.  It does not work for him in other browsers.   For other users who have access to the report through a Group, it fails to load in any browser.  I see the Bearer token being passed so to me the problem seems to be on the server side of things and not with the JS API.   The report loads completely fine with background image when viewing in Power BI.  The problem is only experienced when embedded.  See request/response details below.  Any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for reporting this.

The issue has been fixed and it's making its way to production servers, the fix expected to be avilable online by Jan-18.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@tval

Thanks for your feedback. I can somewhat reproduce the issue mentioned in your case. The difference in my test is, even I created and published the report, the image can't be rendered.

I've escalated this issue internally and would post back if there come's any update. Thanks for your patience.:)

Thank you for reporting this.

The issue has been fixed and it's making its way to production servers, the fix expected to be avilable online by Jan-18.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.