Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davidson929
Regular Visitor

x000D

I am importing sql information into PowerBI from another data source. The other application has a field that allows multiple choices. When I display this field in a graph within PowerBI it always puts _x000D_ in between the different data points chosen that were imported in the same column.  

For example, if my field was asking, "Which days of the week do you have team meetings?" and users selected 'Monday' and 'Wednesday' than in PowerBI the graph displays the data as Monday_x000D_Wednesday.

I am wondering if there is a way to remove the _x000D_ from being displayed in graphs and only leave the two data points as originally inpu?

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @davidson929,

What data resource did you use? You get a data from other application, "Which days of the week do you have team meetings?" is showing on the application, you import the result to Power BI desktop? Could you please share mode details for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hello,

I ran into the similiar problem when i power query on a .csv file. There are a few rows move around. When i convert the .csv file to .xlsx and then power query on .xlsx, the rows that move aournd show something like this with several x000D in the description. 

EGS*NICOR GAS 800-794-1630 PA_x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_ S

I guess that's because the format? Is it because the delimiter was default to comma. I am not quite sure. 

Hi!

I suffered same problem looks like.

My data source is a .xlsx on OneDrive for Buisiness.

some text body of e-mail are copied to the .xlsx by Microsoft Flow and the e-mail text body divide to some columns of table by "Mid" function then import that table as a data-set to PowerBI and make a graph of report then item "a" and "a_x000d_" appears although both are same "a" in .xlsx

After all I added "Clean" function over "Mid" function then items with "_x000d_" all disappeared.

I hope this would be your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.