Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fitnesspowerbi
Advocate II
Advocate II

wrap column headers

Does anyone know when or if the ability to wrap headers on tables will be created? I have columns that have long names but the values that these columns contain is very small. The lack of an ability to wrap headers means that my tables are only able to display a small number of measures without scrolling

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexGorev
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

We do not support text wrap in column headers. Consider renaming columns with shorter names. You can also post a feature request on the forum below:

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

Alex.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
anit

Do they have this feature now? Maybe there is a custom visual that does this? please update

@anit @fitnesspowerbi @AndreDeLange @David4F @giorgilomidze @ksell 

Not sure if I'm the first one to find it but I've found a solution to this problem. Please follow the steps below to wrap the column headers:

1.  Switch off the 'Auto-size Column Width' under 'Column Headers' in the formatting & make sure that 'Word wrap' is turned ON. The same can be seen in the screenshots below.
    • power bi 1.png
    • poer bi 2.png
    • power bi 3.png
  2. After doing the above, move to the visual, place the cursor in b/w the two columns headers such that you see a drag icon.
  3. Once the drag icon appears, drag the column width as per requirement.
  4. A sample screenshot can be seen as below where the column header has been wrapped
    • power bi 4.png

Hope it helps!

Thank you!

This worked for me!

David4F
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi ,

I was very excited when wrap column headers was introduced in the January 17 update. Then very dismayed to find once published it was not supported.

Please tell me I am missing a trick, or alternatively when I can expect it to be supported?

Kind Regards

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a necessary feature for many user requirements.

AlexGorev
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

We do not support text wrap in column headers. Consider renaming columns with shorter names. You can also post a feature request on the forum below:

Alex.

Robot surprisedRobot Frustrated

@AlexGorev wrote:

Alex.

2018 february. still same? no wrap?

I gave up and changed all the font to be white (i.e. "invisible") and manually created another text box above each one to force wrapping.  

Niiice )

Thanks @AlexGorev

I have just seen the new 04/28/2016 release from Microsoft which includes many features for formating Matrix and Table chart. Can you confirm that wrap around header is NOT one of them? Should we still request this feature?

Thanks;

Andrew

Unfortunatly not. We were focusing on other, higer priority features. We do not have a specific time frame for the feature yet. 

Thanks,

Alex.

Thanks Alex. I will work around this then.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.