Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LindaSarace
Frequent Visitor

when does a scheduled refresh retry

I am looking for an understanding of the logic behind scheduled refreshes when they fail. In some cases it appears that when a scheduled refresh fails, the Gateway retries and in other cases no retry is attempted. Here are some of the specifi questions I have:

1. Is there a separate time out for the data connection routine verses the actual refresh process? If so, what are the timesout values for each? Is there other timeout logic for any other routines around refreshing?

2. Are any of the timeout values configurable by a Data Gateway admin? If so, which and how do we access them?

3. Which of the routines/processes have built in retry logic? What are the rules around the retries, i.e. # of reties, frequency, etc.

4. Are any of the retry values configurable by a Data Gateway admin? If so, which and how do we access them?  

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the point about Timeouts.  Thats controlled inside your data source setting.  When you are editing the Source line of your query, there is an optional box that allows you to specify the timeout.  From memory, the default is 10 minutes.

When you are in the Edit Queries section, find your table and click on the 'cog' icon next to "Source".  Expand the advanced options and look for the small data entry box that mentions timeout.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @LindaSarace,

1. Please refer to refresh-troubleshooting-refresh-scenarios#scheduled-refresh-timeout.

2. No, we can't control it in the data gateway.

3. I think this could depend on the error types. If the credentials are wrong, no retry is necessary.

4. As far as I know, there aren't such settings. Please submit an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.