Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fsim
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

what if parameter on different page

Hi ! did someone use the "what if" parameter on one page and try to show its value on another page ?

I get the default value or 'blank' in the case of no default value:-/ 

That's stange. Is is a bug ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @fsim,

According to your description above, I have tested it with the latest version of Power BI Desktop. However, I cannot reproduce the issue. I got the same value of the "what if" parameter on different report pages('blank' when no default value was set).

i1.PNGi2.PNG

Could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

fsim
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I was not clear enough. sorry.

If I set the what if parameter in one page, I will not get the choosen value in the other. Instead, I get the blank or default value.

Hi @fsim,

Never mind. I may misunderstand your issue previously. Smiley LOL

If I set the what if parameter in one page, I will not get the choosen value in the other. Instead, I get the blank or default value.

Like any another Slicers on the report, the parameter Slicer won't work across multiple pages currently. Here is an idea shared on Power BI Ideas, about allowing Slicers to apply to all Pages of a Report. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

In addition, an alternative way to make the parameter work across multiple pages is to use the parameter column as a report level filterSmiley Happy

Regards

fsim
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

the report level filter is what I needed. you are absolutely right about the slicer. My misunderstanding was that I considered the slicer as a way to modify a global what if parameter. And it is not the case. 

thank you !

edit: unfortunately, the what if parameter value (or column) cannot be used in filters (yet)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.