Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PMUSUNURI
Frequent Visitor

updating slicer data(value) with-respect-to pie-chart drill down

I s there a way to update/change the values in the slicers when we drill down the pie-chart?

As the pie-chart changes with-respect-to the slicer update but wondering if it works the other way!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i think slicer value only get updated from another slicer, but not from any other visual and that is why when you drill down on a country, your State slicer doesnt change, but if you select USA in slicer, State slicer will only shows values from USA.

In other word, i don't think it is possible right now. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
parry2k
Super User
Super User

I don;t think it is possible, what actually you are trying to do? Could be there is another solution?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

hi,

i am able to drill down in the pie-chart, but the slicers on the dashboard are not changing with-respect-to my drill-down

ex: country say 'usa' drilled down to state say 'cali' and my slicers for state is not changing when in i drill further down in pie-chart on say 'california'. hope this makes sense

as best practice, you should have two slicers, one for country and one for state, so if you drill down country in pie chart, i expect slicer will show relevent values.

I expect the same but the values are changing when i drill down the pie-chart. Did they change for you?

Thanks for responding!

and i do have two slicers!

i think slicer value only get updated from another slicer, but not from any other visual and that is why when you drill down on a country, your State slicer doesnt change, but if you select USA in slicer, State slicer will only shows values from USA.

In other word, i don't think it is possible right now. 

Hi

Is this possible now?

I have a tree map with drilldown from genre to subgenre to author .so when i drill down from a specific genre to a specific subgenre i see the values for the authors in the treemap. At this point if i select the author slicer , it shows all the authors in the database so how can i filter that to show only the authors in the subgenre and genre drilldowned

is a solution for this problem available now ?

ya, i was thinking the same!

thanks for trying and clarifying.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.