Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KarlinOz
Advocate III
Advocate III

timeline slicer missing today when all dates selected

I've just noticed this issue, not sure how long it has been present:

When I select a range (including today), other than the entire range of dates, data for today is included in the output.

2017-08-18 09_54_58-TS-Test - Power BI Desktop1.png

But when the slicer includes the entire range then today's data is excluded:

2017-08-18 09_54_58-TS-Test - Power BI Desktop2.png

Initially I thought maybe there is too much data for the slicer to deal with (it's only 12k rows) but I removed all rows except the current month (down to 191 rows) but the problem still exists.

I don't understand why this is happening but maybe I've configured my project incorrectly. I have a Calendar table and have created a date column in my data table to link my calendar table to.

2017-08-18 10_29_31-New Message - Microsoft Power BI Community.png2017-08-18 10_29_58-TS-Test - Power BI Desktop.png

2017-08-18 10_30_48-TS-Test - Power BI Desktop.png   2017-08-18 10_31_14-TS-Test - Power BI Desktop.png

2017-08-18 10_31_34-TS-Test - Power BI Desktop.png

I've put a copy of my sample data here, it'll only be available for 30 days from this post however. Note the names are randomly generated.

Version: 2.49.4831.521 64-bit (August 2017)

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@KarlinOz

Should be working now, please verify it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

@KarlinOz

All visual packages are loaded from CDN directly, even if you import package manually.

It means that your Desktop app uses the latest version of the visual, even if Office Store displays the previous one.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi @KarlinOz,

As I tried today, it works fine. Could you please check it out?timeline slicer missing today when all dates selected3.jpg

If this issue is fixed, please mark the proper answers as solution.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Click on your timeline slicer visual.  In the menu in the ribbon select the "Format" tab.  Toggle on the 'Edit Interactions'.  What icons do you now see in the other visuals?  If the circle with the line through it is selected, thats the problem.

If thats not the problem, check your arrows in the Table Relationships.  Change them from Single to Both.  You do this by double clicking on the table relationship lines and updating the value in the window that appears.  It should be under 'Cross Filter Direction'

Hi @Anonymous,
Thanks for your suggestions.

I definitely have the interaction with the slicer turned on:

2017-08-18 16_14_24-TS-Test - Power BI Desktop.png

And switching the cross filter direction to 'both' has no effect.

Hi @KarlinOz,

As I tested, it did go wrong. I am going to submit an report internally. I will post here if I get any updates.

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Much appreciated, thanks for that Dale @v-jiascu-msft

@KarlinOz

ETA for publishing new version of the visual is Aug, 30. Please check it later.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Great news, thanks for the feedback Herbert @v-haibl-msft I'll give it a go as soon as it's available.

Still waiting on the visual to be updated in the store, the current version there is still showing 21 March.

@KarlinOz

Should be working now, please verify it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi Herbert @v-haibl-msft, yes I can confirm it is now working. So how is that possible? I didn't update Power BI Desktop nor re-download the visual, in fact the visual in the store still shows the date of 21 March 2017. Does Power BI automatically look for updated visuals on start-up? or was there an issue just with August data and now it is September all is showing ok?

@KarlinOz

All visual packages are loaded from CDN directly, even if you import package manually.

It means that your Desktop app uses the latest version of the visual, even if Office Store displays the previous one.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Great, thanks for that info Herbert @v-haibl-msft.

And I have just noticed that it is fixed in the Desktop model but the Service still has the issue - I guess the visual in the service has not been updated yet.

Hi @KarlinOz,

As I tried today, it works fine. Could you please check it out?timeline slicer missing today when all dates selected3.jpg

If this issue is fixed, please mark the proper answers as solution.

Best Regards!

Dale

Hi @v-jiascu-msft Dale, thanks I just tried it now and it is working in the service now as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.